Sunday, January 11, 2015

Starting Internship Tomorrow

My time is up, and I'm back in Australia.

Oh how my Gap Year went by so quickly. I'm so happy and grateful for the experiences that I've gained (medical and non-medical) during this period, even though I haven't documented it fully on this blog. I need to finish off the remaining East Timor Medical Elective entries when I have spare time.

Medicine in Australia is excellent for a first career, and I'm not ashamed to be a doctor anymore. At the end of the day it's just a job, and whilst the Medical Profession continues to be devalued/degraded by the powers that be, I still have many skills and experiences to gain from working as a doctor for a few years, before potentially moving on to whatever I find more intellectually stimulating and/or higher paying. For now, Medicine is my back-up job. I will try to cherish any positive moments that occur with my "heart".

I've finished the internship orientation, but tomorrow will be my 1st day of work.

Here's to hoping things will go well, I have to bite the bullet and start full-time work for real. Need to take things one day at a time and learn things by osmosis.

Fingers crossed...

1 comment:

Post a Comment